Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Darling Brielle

Sadly I just realized that I have not posted anything about little Brielle, the cutest and sweetest thing to hit this globe since Samoa cookies and puppies started making babies.

I did actually post something when she was kicking Lindsey's gizzards, but not since she graced our lives. There is nothing like being a parent and feeling the love for a child. Various people had expressed that notion When she looks up at me with sheer love and amazement (not because I am amazing, mainly because I am doing strange things that she [or Lindsey] do not understand), I cannot help but largely forget any troubles that may be lingering in my mind. 

I am a sports fanatic, which will probably surface multiple times in this 365 voyage, but even when I witnessed a brutal defeat of a favorite team last year, something that would have normally lingered for hours, I looked over at her and my feelings about the game shriveled. Granted they did not disappear entirely, but they shrank considerably when she raised her arms toward me, signalling her wish for me to pick her up and hold her. I obeyed, happily.

Sweet Brielle, a life changer. 

1:365


No comments: